90 Rajasthan dams reach full capacity, authorities on stand-by
Jaipur: With the state receiving good monsoon rains this season, 90 out of the 724 dams in Rajasthan have reached their full capacity and authorities are making arrangements to ensure that none of them collapses.
According to the water resources department, 363 dams in the state are partially filled, and the condition of Chanda ka Talab Dam in Namana area of Bundi district is sensitively poised.
"Chanda ka Talab Dam in Namana area of the district is in sensitive condition as it is overflowing. Technical efforts are on to ensure that no dam is collapsed," said Mahendera Kumar Verma, Executive Engineer (Irrigation).
Seven out of the 22 dams in Bundi district are overflowing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn