Abandoned infant girl found dumped in field, dies in Jaipur
Jaipur: A case of infanticide has come to light in Achnara village of Pratapgarh district, after a newborn girl was found dumped in a heap of agricultural waste in a field here.
The cries of the one-day-old baby attracted the attention of a villager, Sohanlal Meena, who recovered her from the field, but the infant died on the way to a local hospital, Additional SP (Pratapgarh) Goverdhan Lal Sonkaria told PTI on telephone.
The body has been kept in a mortuary and her mother is being traced in the village, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report