Abandoned infant girl found dumped in field, dies in Jaipur
Jaipur: A case of infanticide has come to light in Achnara village of Pratapgarh district, after a newborn girl was found dumped in a heap of agricultural waste in a field here.
The cries of the one-day-old baby attracted the attention of a villager, Sohanlal Meena, who recovered her from the field, but the infant died on the way to a local hospital, Additional SP (Pratapgarh) Goverdhan Lal Sonkaria told PTI on telephone.
The body has been kept in a mortuary and her mother is being traced in the village, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what