ACB blames DM for failing to check foeticide
Jaipur: The Anti-Corruption Bureau has told the Rajasthan High Court that a former district magistrate and over 20 medical officers have failed to enforce the law against pre-natal sex determination in their areas.
In a 78-page report submitted to the Jaipur bench of the High Court on Tuesday, the ACB claimed that anti-foeticide law enacted in the form of Pre-conception and Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques Act was not being followed in various districts of the state.
The High Court had granted two-month time to the DIG, ACB, to probe alleged irregularities in a drive against illegal sonography centres across the state and pin-point the officials who failed to ensure effective implementation of PCPNDT Act for checking female foeticide.
In the probe, the ACB found that former Baran district magistrate Naveen Jain and 20 Chief Medical Health Officers had failed to firmly enforce the required measures to prevent female foeticide in their respective areas.
"It was necessary that the then Collector, Baran, Naveen Jain should have been put to an explanation which was not done," reads the report.
The High Court had ordered the inquiry on a petition filed by one Ritesh Tiwari, a former on-contract law enforcement expert posted in the NRHM department, Jaipur.
Forty-three charges of corruption had been framed against Tiwari, following which he was sacked by the State Health Minister on August 8 last year.
Tiwari has challenged his removal from the post of law enforcement expert in the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state