ACB blames DM for failing to check foeticide
Jaipur: The Anti-Corruption Bureau has told the Rajasthan High Court that a former district magistrate and over 20 medical officers have failed to enforce the law against pre-natal sex determination in their areas.
In a 78-page report submitted to the Jaipur bench of the High Court on Tuesday, the ACB claimed that anti-foeticide law enacted in the form of Pre-conception and Pre-natal Diagnostic Techniques Act was not being followed in various districts of the state.
The High Court had granted two-month time to the DIG, ACB, to probe alleged irregularities in a drive against illegal sonography centres across the state and pin-point the officials who failed to ensure effective implementation of PCPNDT Act for checking female foeticide.
In the probe, the ACB found that former Baran district magistrate Naveen Jain and 20 Chief Medical Health Officers had failed to firmly enforce the required measures to prevent female foeticide in their respective areas.
"It was necessary that the then Collector, Baran, Naveen Jain should have been put to an explanation which was not done," reads the report.
The High Court had ordered the inquiry on a petition filed by one Ritesh Tiwari, a former on-contract law enforcement expert posted in the NRHM department, Jaipur.
Forty-three charges of corruption had been framed against Tiwari, following which he was sacked by the State Health Minister on August 8 last year.
Tiwari has challenged his removal from the post of law enforcement expert in the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest