ACB recovers unaccounted cash from Ajmer SP
Jaipur: Anti-Corruption Bureau sleuths today recovered unaccounted cash to the tune of Rs 2.05 lakh from the house of Ajmer Superintendent of Police Rajesh Meena.
The money was allegedly extorted by the IPS officer from SHOs at various police stations of the district through a person identified as Ramdev.
"From reliable sources, we got information that a private man Ramdev, who belongs to Jodhpur, collects money from SHOs of police stations in Ajmer on behalf of the SP on monthly basis," IG (ACB) Umesh Mishra said.
He said after verification of the inputs, a team led by DIG Govind Narayan conducted a raid at the official residence of the SP and recovered a bag containing the money.
"When the ACB team entered SP`s house, he was sitting along with Ramdev and the bag was kept at a table. The duo could not give a satisfactory answer about the money. Ramdev has admitted that he used to collect money from SHOs on behalf of the SP," IG (ACB) Umesh Mishra said.
No arrest into the case has been made so far and the matter is under investigation, he said.
Meena is posted as Ajmer SP since October 2011.
Last year, a probationary IPS officer Ajay Singh was suspended for taking bribe of Rs 1.5 lakh during his posting as the ASP in Ajmer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon