ACB recovers unaccounted cash from Ajmer SP
Jaipur: Anti-Corruption Bureau sleuths today recovered unaccounted cash to the tune of Rs 2.05 lakh from the house of Ajmer Superintendent of Police Rajesh Meena.
The money was allegedly extorted by the IPS officer from SHOs at various police stations of the district through a person identified as Ramdev.
"From reliable sources, we got information that a private man Ramdev, who belongs to Jodhpur, collects money from SHOs of police stations in Ajmer on behalf of the SP on monthly basis," IG (ACB) Umesh Mishra said.
He said after verification of the inputs, a team led by DIG Govind Narayan conducted a raid at the official residence of the SP and recovered a bag containing the money.
"When the ACB team entered SP`s house, he was sitting along with Ramdev and the bag was kept at a table. The duo could not give a satisfactory answer about the money. Ramdev has admitted that he used to collect money from SHOs on behalf of the SP," IG (ACB) Umesh Mishra said.
No arrest into the case has been made so far and the matter is under investigation, he said.
Meena is posted as Ajmer SP since October 2011.
Last year, a probationary IPS officer Ajay Singh was suspended for taking bribe of Rs 1.5 lakh during his posting as the ASP in Ajmer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened