ACB recovers unaccounted cash from Ajmer SP
Jaipur: Anti-Corruption Bureau sleuths today recovered unaccounted cash to the tune of Rs 2.05 lakh from the house of Ajmer Superintendent of Police Rajesh Meena.
The money was allegedly extorted by the IPS officer from SHOs at various police stations of the district through a person identified as Ramdev.
"From reliable sources, we got information that a private man Ramdev, who belongs to Jodhpur, collects money from SHOs of police stations in Ajmer on behalf of the SP on monthly basis," IG (ACB) Umesh Mishra said.
He said after verification of the inputs, a team led by DIG Govind Narayan conducted a raid at the official residence of the SP and recovered a bag containing the money.
"When the ACB team entered SP`s house, he was sitting along with Ramdev and the bag was kept at a table. The duo could not give a satisfactory answer about the money. Ramdev has admitted that he used to collect money from SHOs on behalf of the SP," IG (ACB) Umesh Mishra said.
No arrest into the case has been made so far and the matter is under investigation, he said.
Meena is posted as Ajmer SP since October 2011.
Last year, a probationary IPS officer Ajay Singh was suspended for taking bribe of Rs 1.5 lakh during his posting as the ASP in Ajmer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends