ACB tightens noose around Additional SP after SP`s arrest
Ajmer: After the arrest of Ajmer Superintendent of Police for alleged money extortion from SHOs, anti-corruption bureau is now looking for an additional SP who allegedly used to coordinate the monthly collection with the SP`s agent.
"The role of Additional SP Lokesh Sonwal is under scanner and it has now been verified that he used to coordinate the monthly collection from SHOs at his home or office," IG ACB Umesh Mishra said on Friday.
"Our team carried out a sudden inspection at Sonwal`s residence on Wednesday, but no unaccounted money was recovered. However, we have evidences that Sonwal was involved in money collection from SHOs and he will be arrested soon," he said.
The additional SP is now underground and being searched, he said.
Sources said that the period of money collection was first week of month when the additional SP used to call or give messages to SHOs for sending collection.
The collection was being delivered to the SP by his agent Ramdev who along with the SP was arrested on Wednesday and are in police remand.
Mishra said the role of SHOs will also be examined.
"The SHOs who were sending money to SP Rajesh Meena will be covered under the probe but it will be premature to say that how many SHOs were involved in this," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation