ACB tightens noose around Additional SP after SP`s arrest
Ajmer: After the arrest of Ajmer Superintendent of Police for alleged money extortion from SHOs, anti-corruption bureau is now looking for an additional SP who allegedly used to coordinate the monthly collection with the SP`s agent.
"The role of Additional SP Lokesh Sonwal is under scanner and it has now been verified that he used to coordinate the monthly collection from SHOs at his home or office," IG ACB Umesh Mishra said on Friday.
"Our team carried out a sudden inspection at Sonwal`s residence on Wednesday, but no unaccounted money was recovered. However, we have evidences that Sonwal was involved in money collection from SHOs and he will be arrested soon," he said.
The additional SP is now underground and being searched, he said.
Sources said that the period of money collection was first week of month when the additional SP used to call or give messages to SHOs for sending collection.
The collection was being delivered to the SP by his agent Ramdev who along with the SP was arrested on Wednesday and are in police remand.
Mishra said the role of SHOs will also be examined.
"The SHOs who were sending money to SP Rajesh Meena will be covered under the probe but it will be premature to say that how many SHOs were involved in this," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla