ACB tightens noose around Additional SP after SP`s arrest
Ajmer: After the arrest of Ajmer Superintendent of Police for alleged money extortion from SHOs, anti-corruption bureau is now looking for an additional SP who allegedly used to coordinate the monthly collection with the SP`s agent.
"The role of Additional SP Lokesh Sonwal is under scanner and it has now been verified that he used to coordinate the monthly collection from SHOs at his home or office," IG ACB Umesh Mishra said on Friday.
"Our team carried out a sudden inspection at Sonwal`s residence on Wednesday, but no unaccounted money was recovered. However, we have evidences that Sonwal was involved in money collection from SHOs and he will be arrested soon," he said.
The additional SP is now underground and being searched, he said.
Sources said that the period of money collection was first week of month when the additional SP used to call or give messages to SHOs for sending collection.
The collection was being delivered to the SP by his agent Ramdev who along with the SP was arrested on Wednesday and are in police remand.
Mishra said the role of SHOs will also be examined.
"The SHOs who were sending money to SP Rajesh Meena will be covered under the probe but it will be premature to say that how many SHOs were involved in this," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!