Accident victim`s eye goes missing from morgue
Jodhpur: An eye was found missing from the body of a person lying in a morgue of government hospital here triggering protests by relatives of the deceased, who suspected a foul play.
Angry relatives of the person went on rampage in the hospital and demanded to form a medical board to look into the matter.
Conceding to their demand, the hospital administration constituted a medical board under the command of an eye surgeon. The board will submit the report on Monday.
According to a police official, Prakash (29) had met with an accident last evening in Pratap Nagar and died on the spot.
"His body was taken to the MG Hospital yesterday for the postmortem, but due to delay, it was deposited in the morgue," an official said.
This morning, when the body was taken out from the morgue, its left eye was missing, the official said.
"We have constituted a medical board under the command of ophthalmologist CS Vyas," acting Superintendent of the MG Hospital said.
The board conducted the postmortem of the body and handed over the body to the family, he said.
He, however, refused to comment on the matter until the board submits the report to the hospital administration.
"I cannot comment until the report of the board is submitted," he said, adding that the board will submit its report tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!