Accident victim`s eye goes missing from morgue
Jodhpur: An eye was found missing from the body of a person lying in a morgue of government hospital here triggering protests by relatives of the deceased, who suspected a foul play.
Angry relatives of the person went on rampage in the hospital and demanded to form a medical board to look into the matter.
Conceding to their demand, the hospital administration constituted a medical board under the command of an eye surgeon. The board will submit the report on Monday.
According to a police official, Prakash (29) had met with an accident last evening in Pratap Nagar and died on the spot.
"His body was taken to the MG Hospital yesterday for the postmortem, but due to delay, it was deposited in the morgue," an official said.
This morning, when the body was taken out from the morgue, its left eye was missing, the official said.
"We have constituted a medical board under the command of ophthalmologist CS Vyas," acting Superintendent of the MG Hospital said.
The board conducted the postmortem of the body and handed over the body to the family, he said.
He, however, refused to comment on the matter until the board submits the report to the hospital administration.
"I cannot comment until the report of the board is submitted," he said, adding that the board will submit its report tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India