Accused in Jodhpur hooch tragedy arrested
Jodhpur: One person has been arrested in
connection with the hooch tragedy in Jodhpur and Pali, which
has claimed 23 lives, police said on Tuesday.
On a tip-off, police yesterday arrested Kalu Ram Bishnoi,
the main accused in the hooch tragedy, from Khokharia village
when he arrived there to meet one of his relative Mangilal
Bishnoi, who was also arrested for assisting Kalu Ram.
Kalu Ram and his seven brothers have been allegedly
involved in the illicit trade since long and have about two
dozen cases registered against him in different police
A raid was also conducted in Kalu Ram`s and his brother
Shiv Ram`s residences in Khejadli village on Saturday.
The police has also arrested, Raju Ram Bishnoi, brother of
Kalu Ram from Osian village on Sunday night.
A constable and Station House Officer of Luni police
station, under which the jurisdiction Khejadli village is
covered, were suspended and an ASI sent to lines after it was
found that the village was the hub of illegal liquor trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city