Accused in Jodhpur hooch tragedy arrested
Jodhpur: One person has been arrested in
connection with the hooch tragedy in Jodhpur and Pali, which
has claimed 23 lives, police said on Tuesday.
On a tip-off, police yesterday arrested Kalu Ram Bishnoi,
the main accused in the hooch tragedy, from Khokharia village
when he arrived there to meet one of his relative Mangilal
Bishnoi, who was also arrested for assisting Kalu Ram.
Kalu Ram and his seven brothers have been allegedly
involved in the illicit trade since long and have about two
dozen cases registered against him in different police
A raid was also conducted in Kalu Ram`s and his brother
Shiv Ram`s residences in Khejadli village on Saturday.
The police has also arrested, Raju Ram Bishnoi, brother of
Kalu Ram from Osian village on Sunday night.
A constable and Station House Officer of Luni police
station, under which the jurisdiction Khejadli village is
covered, were suspended and an ASI sent to lines after it was
found that the village was the hub of illegal liquor trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you