Accused in Jodhpur hooch tragedy arrested
Jodhpur: One person has been arrested in
connection with the hooch tragedy in Jodhpur and Pali, which
has claimed 23 lives, police said on Tuesday.
On a tip-off, police yesterday arrested Kalu Ram Bishnoi,
the main accused in the hooch tragedy, from Khokharia village
when he arrived there to meet one of his relative Mangilal
Bishnoi, who was also arrested for assisting Kalu Ram.
Kalu Ram and his seven brothers have been allegedly
involved in the illicit trade since long and have about two
dozen cases registered against him in different police
A raid was also conducted in Kalu Ram`s and his brother
Shiv Ram`s residences in Khejadli village on Saturday.
The police has also arrested, Raju Ram Bishnoi, brother of
Kalu Ram from Osian village on Sunday night.
A constable and Station House Officer of Luni police
station, under which the jurisdiction Khejadli village is
covered, were suspended and an ASI sent to lines after it was
found that the village was the hub of illegal liquor trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future
- Strong Indo-US ties to strengthen both economies: White House
- First look of Emraan Hashmi's maiden home production 'Captain Nawab' out! - Pic inside
- Despite public outcry over images of man carrying dead wife, Odisha gives clean chit to hospital
- WOAH! Pakistani journalist silences Piers Morgan after he taunts Indians using Sachin Tendulkar's example