Acharya Mahapragya passes away in Churu
Jaipur: Acharya Sree Mahapragya, the 10th
Acharya of Jain Swetambar Terapanth Samaj, died today due to
cardiac arrest at Sardarshehar in Churu district of Rajasthan. He was 90.
The funeral of Acharya Mahapragya will take place
tomorrow in the town, an office bearer of the samaj said.
The supreme head of Jain Swetambar Terapanth group, the
Acharya, was resting when he suffered a cardiac arrest and
died this afternoon at Terapanth ashram, they said.
Rajkumar Pugalia, Coordinator of Acharya Tulsi Mahapragya
Vichar Manch said over phone that the sect head was in
Sardarshehar for past few days to deliver preachings.
He informed that Yuvacharya Mahashraman of Sardarshehar
has been declared as the next and 11th supreme head of the
The Acharya, who promoted non-violence and led the Ahimsa
Yatra movement, was born on June 14, 1920 in Jhunjhunu
district of the state.
He traversed more than 1,00,000 kms on foot covering over
10,000 villages spreading the message of harmony and peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing