Acharya Mahapragya passes away in Churu
Jaipur: Acharya Sree Mahapragya, the 10th
Acharya of Jain Swetambar Terapanth Samaj, died today due to
cardiac arrest at Sardarshehar in Churu district of Rajasthan. He was 90.
The funeral of Acharya Mahapragya will take place
tomorrow in the town, an office bearer of the samaj said.
The supreme head of Jain Swetambar Terapanth group, the
Acharya, was resting when he suffered a cardiac arrest and
died this afternoon at Terapanth ashram, they said.
Rajkumar Pugalia, Coordinator of Acharya Tulsi Mahapragya
Vichar Manch said over phone that the sect head was in
Sardarshehar for past few days to deliver preachings.
He informed that Yuvacharya Mahashraman of Sardarshehar
has been declared as the next and 11th supreme head of the
The Acharya, who promoted non-violence and led the Ahimsa
Yatra movement, was born on June 14, 1920 in Jhunjhunu
district of the state.
He traversed more than 1,00,000 kms on foot covering over
10,000 villages spreading the message of harmony and peace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!