Acharya Mahapragya passes away in Churu
Jaipur: Acharya Sree Mahapragya, the 10th
Acharya of Jain Swetambar Terapanth Samaj, died today due to
cardiac arrest at Sardarshehar in Churu district of Rajasthan. He was 90.
The funeral of Acharya Mahapragya will take place
tomorrow in the town, an office bearer of the samaj said.
The supreme head of Jain Swetambar Terapanth group, the
Acharya, was resting when he suffered a cardiac arrest and
died this afternoon at Terapanth ashram, they said.
Rajkumar Pugalia, Coordinator of Acharya Tulsi Mahapragya
Vichar Manch said over phone that the sect head was in
Sardarshehar for past few days to deliver preachings.
He informed that Yuvacharya Mahashraman of Sardarshehar
has been declared as the next and 11th supreme head of the
The Acharya, who promoted non-violence and led the Ahimsa
Yatra movement, was born on June 14, 1920 in Jhunjhunu
district of the state.
He traversed more than 1,00,000 kms on foot covering over
10,000 villages spreading the message of harmony and peace.
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court