Action likely against BJP MLAs who offered to quit
Jaipur: BJP may take disciplinary action against some of its MLAs who claimed to have submitted their resignations in support of leader of opposition Vasundhara Raje during her standoff with party veteran Gulab Chand Kataria.
The action may be initiated after BJP`s national executive meeting, scheduled to be held in Mumbai after a few days, party sources said here.
"Some of the MLAs, including Bhawani Singh Rajawat and Rohitash Kumar, had given undesirable public statements about the party and leadership on Sunday which has been taken into account. The party may consider action against such leaders," a party source said.
However, BJP state president Arun Chaturvedi maintained that he had not received resignation letters from any of the party members, as claimed by Raje`s side.
Another state party leader said that a few members who were named in the list of those who purportedly submitted their resignations to Raje have now called the party`s state leadership retracting their resignation claims.
As many as 61 MLAs had claimed to have offered their resignations to Raje in her support after she threatened to quit over party MLA Kataria`s decision to embark on a yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!