Action likely against BJP MLAs who offered to quit
Jaipur: BJP may take disciplinary action against some of its MLAs who claimed to have submitted their resignations in support of leader of opposition Vasundhara Raje during her standoff with party veteran Gulab Chand Kataria.
The action may be initiated after BJP`s national executive meeting, scheduled to be held in Mumbai after a few days, party sources said here.
"Some of the MLAs, including Bhawani Singh Rajawat and Rohitash Kumar, had given undesirable public statements about the party and leadership on Sunday which has been taken into account. The party may consider action against such leaders," a party source said.
However, BJP state president Arun Chaturvedi maintained that he had not received resignation letters from any of the party members, as claimed by Raje`s side.
Another state party leader said that a few members who were named in the list of those who purportedly submitted their resignations to Raje have now called the party`s state leadership retracting their resignation claims.
As many as 61 MLAs had claimed to have offered their resignations to Raje in her support after she threatened to quit over party MLA Kataria`s decision to embark on a yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Bihar polls: Alert sounded ahead of PM Modi's rallies in Bihar
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook