Action likely against BJP MLAs who offered to quit
Jaipur: BJP may take disciplinary action against some of its MLAs who claimed to have submitted their resignations in support of leader of opposition Vasundhara Raje during her standoff with party veteran Gulab Chand Kataria.
The action may be initiated after BJP`s national executive meeting, scheduled to be held in Mumbai after a few days, party sources said here.
"Some of the MLAs, including Bhawani Singh Rajawat and Rohitash Kumar, had given undesirable public statements about the party and leadership on Sunday which has been taken into account. The party may consider action against such leaders," a party source said.
However, BJP state president Arun Chaturvedi maintained that he had not received resignation letters from any of the party members, as claimed by Raje`s side.
Another state party leader said that a few members who were named in the list of those who purportedly submitted their resignations to Raje have now called the party`s state leadership retracting their resignation claims.
As many as 61 MLAs had claimed to have offered their resignations to Raje in her support after she threatened to quit over party MLA Kataria`s decision to embark on a yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof