Activists oppose Pak delegation`s proposed visit to Ajmer
Ajmer: Local activists on Friday handed over a representation, addressed to the President of India, demanding the cancellation of the proposed visit of Pakistani delegation to ongoing 801st Urs of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti here.
The representation, claimed to have been signed by nearly one lakh people in the last six days, was handed over to the District Collector Vaibhav Galaria.
"The activists are demanding that the visit of the delegation be cancelled in protest of the death of Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan.
"However, we have yet not received final word about the visit," Galaria said.
"A delegation of local people handed over the representation. The district administration has requested them to remain peaceful and not to do any unlawful activity if the delegation visits Ajmer," he said.
Tight security arrangements have been made for the Urs, SP Gaurav Srivastava said.
He said CRPF would be deployed in view of the possible protest against the Pak delegation.
"3,000 policemen have been deployed for security," the SP said.
"Some recommendations regarding the visit of the Pakistani delegation have been forwarded to the government," he said.
BJP MLA Vasudev Devnani, who led the activists, said the Pakistani delegation would face strong protest if they arrived here.
The 801st Urs began with flag ceremony on May 7 and religious functions will start with visibility of the moon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy