`Administrative failure behind Bharatpur violence`
Jaipur: Rajasthan BJP on Sunday blamed the district administration and state government responsible for the recent Bharatpur violence which left eight people dead and several others injured.
A fact finding committee of the opposition party led by MLA Digambar Singh visited the violence hit areas yesterday and claimed most of the people were killed in police firing.
"It was a complete failure of officers of district administration who did not take timely action to control the situation," Singh told reporters here.
Meanwhile, the situation in area remained under control and the curfew was relaxed from 11 am to 4 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary - Part IV
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Hardik Patel calls for stir against donations to schools, colleges in Gujarat
- Perez grabs 3rd spot, gives Force India 4th ever podium finish
- Two dead, including one suspect, in Houston shooting: Police
- Had I stayed with AB de Villiers a little longer, it would have been different: Virat Kohli
- IPL 2016: Individual awards for outstanding players