Advani unveils Shekhawat`s statue
Khachariyawas: Senior BJP leader LK Advani on Tuesday unveiled a life-size statue of former Vice-President Bhairon Singh Shekhawat on his second death anniversary.
Recalling his long association with Shekhawat, Advani said he was a pillar of strength for the party and played an important role in strengthening the BJP in Rajasthan.
On the occasion, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal handed over a cheque of Rs 1 crore to Shekhawat`s family.
The function, organised by Shekhawat`s family, was also attended by leader of Opposition in Rajasthan Assembly Vasundhara Raje, former chief minister of Haryana Om Prakash Chautala, Union Minister of State Mahadev Singh Khandela and Gaj Singh of Jodhpur`s erstwhile royal family.
Later, Advani inaugurated a "Dharamshala" (inn) named after Shekhawat in Khachariyawas village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP