Advocate shot dead during marriage ceremony
Jaipur: An advocate was allegedly shot dead by some unidentified men during a marriage ceremony in Sikar district, police said on Wednesday.
Brijmohan, 30, had gone to attend a marriage ceremony in Fatehpur town when some unidentified persons opened fire at him on Tuesday night, SP Sikar, Satyaveer Singh said.
He was rushed to a hospital where doctors declared him dead, he said.
"An FIR was registered with local police station and efforts are on to identify and locate the accused and ascertain the motive of the murder," he added.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley