Ajmer: 87 arrested from Dargarh area
Ajmer: In a bid to clear the Dargarh area of suspicious people ahead of Urs of Khawaja Moinuddin Chisty, police today arrested 87 people, including four Bangladeshi nationals, from the locality here.
The Bangladeshi nationals were identified as Mohammmad Chamaknia (25), Rafiq (25), Shaukat (18) and Abutaiyab (35), police said.
In a joint action by Ganj and Dargarh police stations, all those who were roaming suspiciously and indulging in begging and other such activities were caught and booked, they said.
The urs would begin on May 22 or 23 depending upon the visibility of the moon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption