Ajmer blast accused petition submitted, notice issued to govt
Ajmer: A local court here has admitted the revision petition of Devender Gupta, arrested in connection with the 2007 Ajmer Dargah bomb blast, and issued a notice to Rajasthan government to file its reply on May 10.
District and Session Judge Ajmer Prashant Agarwal has admitted the petition and asked the state government to file its reply by May 10, Umardan Lakhawat, advocate of Gupta said.
Gupta, suspected to have links with a Hindu militant outfit, yesterday filed a revision petition in the court against the proposed narco and brain mapping tests on him by Rajasthan ATS.
The petition comes two days after the Supreme Court had ruled as illegal compulsory use of narco-analysis, brain-mapping and polygraph tests, saying such techniques amount to cruel and degrading treatment and unwarranted intrusion into personal liberty.
Gupta has claimed in his revision petition that ATS has not taken his consent for conducting the tests.
Gupta, a resident of Bihari Ganj in Ajmer, was
arrested by the Rajasthan Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) on April
29 when he had gone to meet his ailing mother, ATS officials
said. He was later produced before the Ajmer Chief Judicial
Magistrate who remanded him in police custody till May 12.
Ajmer Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate granted
permission to the ATS to carry out the test after it had moved
an application in this regard on May 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video