Ajmer blast case: Court grants permission for narco test on Gupta
Ajmer: A court here Monday granted permission to Rajasthan ATS to conduct narco-analysis test on Ajmer Dargah blast case suspect Devendra Gupta.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate-I Ajmer Khagendra Sharma granted permission to the ATS to carry out the test after it had moved an application in this regard on Saturday, a senior ATS official told reporters.
An ATS team will take Gupta to Hyderabad to get the tests conducted.
Gupta, who is believed to have links with Hindu group Abhinav Bharat Sangathan, was arrested last week from here when he had come to meet his ailing mother. He is suspected to be involved in the blast inside the Dargah of Khawaja Moinuddin Chishti.
Officials are also probing Gupta`s alleged links with Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, a key accused in the Malegaon blast case.
The ATS also arrested another suspect Chandrashekar from Madhya Pradesh in connection with the case. Both are being interrogated under police custody and will be produced before the court on May 12.
Three persons were killed and 15 others injured in the blast in the Ajmer Dargah in 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Surprising! Kumar Sangakkara picks Rahul Dravid over Sachin Tendulkar in his All-Time XI
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor