Ajmer blast: Four accused have RSS links
Jaipur: Four of the five accused named in the Ajmer Dargah blast chargesheet filed by the Rajasthan Anti-Terrorist Squad have links with RSS, an ATS official said on Monday.
The five accused in the chargesheet are Devendra Gupta, Lokesh Sharma, Chander Shekhar Lave, Sandeep Dange and Ramji Kalsangre.
"Devendra Gupta was Zila Pracharak (Jharkhand), Lokesh was Pracharak (Madhya Pradesh), Chandrashekhar Lave worked as Zila Sampark Pramukh (Madhya Pradesh) and Sandeep was Pracharak (Madhya Pradesh)," Additional Superintendent of Police (ATS) Satyendra Singh, told a news agency.
Senior RSS leader Indresh Kumar, whose name figures in the chargesheet relating to the 2007 Ajmer Dargah blast, is mentioned to be present at a secret meeting held in a Gujarati samaj guest house on October 31, 2005.
However, Indresh and RSS leaders have refuted the charges and alleged that it (to include Indresh`s name in the chargesheet) was politically motivated and fabricated.
Devendra Gupta, Lokesh Sharma and Chander Shekhar Lave are in judicial custody while Sandeep Dange and Ramji Kalsangre are absconding, ATS sources said.
Another accused Sunil Joshi died during the course of investigation had also links with RSS.
The accused have been charged with various sections of the IPC, including 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 120B (conspiracy) and 295 (injuring or defiling place of worship).
The chargesheet was filed by the ATS in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Jagendra Kumar Jain last month in connection with the blast that left three persons dead and 15 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India