Ajmer blast: Four accused have RSS links
Jaipur: Four of the five accused named in the Ajmer Dargah blast chargesheet filed by the Rajasthan Anti-Terrorist Squad have links with RSS, an ATS official said on Monday.
The five accused in the chargesheet are Devendra Gupta, Lokesh Sharma, Chander Shekhar Lave, Sandeep Dange and Ramji Kalsangre.
"Devendra Gupta was Zila Pracharak (Jharkhand), Lokesh was Pracharak (Madhya Pradesh), Chandrashekhar Lave worked as Zila Sampark Pramukh (Madhya Pradesh) and Sandeep was Pracharak (Madhya Pradesh)," Additional Superintendent of Police (ATS) Satyendra Singh, told a news agency.
Senior RSS leader Indresh Kumar, whose name figures in the chargesheet relating to the 2007 Ajmer Dargah blast, is mentioned to be present at a secret meeting held in a Gujarati samaj guest house on October 31, 2005.
However, Indresh and RSS leaders have refuted the charges and alleged that it (to include Indresh`s name in the chargesheet) was politically motivated and fabricated.
Devendra Gupta, Lokesh Sharma and Chander Shekhar Lave are in judicial custody while Sandeep Dange and Ramji Kalsangre are absconding, ATS sources said.
Another accused Sunil Joshi died during the course of investigation had also links with RSS.
The accused have been charged with various sections of the IPC, including 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 120B (conspiracy) and 295 (injuring or defiling place of worship).
The chargesheet was filed by the ATS in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Jagendra Kumar Jain last month in connection with the blast that left three persons dead and 15 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video