Ajmer blast: Four accused have RSS links
Jaipur: Four of the five accused named in the Ajmer Dargah blast chargesheet filed by the Rajasthan Anti-Terrorist Squad have links with RSS, an ATS official said on Monday.
The five accused in the chargesheet are Devendra Gupta, Lokesh Sharma, Chander Shekhar Lave, Sandeep Dange and Ramji Kalsangre.
"Devendra Gupta was Zila Pracharak (Jharkhand), Lokesh was Pracharak (Madhya Pradesh), Chandrashekhar Lave worked as Zila Sampark Pramukh (Madhya Pradesh) and Sandeep was Pracharak (Madhya Pradesh)," Additional Superintendent of Police (ATS) Satyendra Singh, told a news agency.
Senior RSS leader Indresh Kumar, whose name figures in the chargesheet relating to the 2007 Ajmer Dargah blast, is mentioned to be present at a secret meeting held in a Gujarati samaj guest house on October 31, 2005.
However, Indresh and RSS leaders have refuted the charges and alleged that it (to include Indresh`s name in the chargesheet) was politically motivated and fabricated.
Devendra Gupta, Lokesh Sharma and Chander Shekhar Lave are in judicial custody while Sandeep Dange and Ramji Kalsangre are absconding, ATS sources said.
Another accused Sunil Joshi died during the course of investigation had also links with RSS.
The accused have been charged with various sections of the IPC, including 302 (murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 120B (conspiracy) and 295 (injuring or defiling place of worship).
The chargesheet was filed by the ATS in the court of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Jagendra Kumar Jain last month in connection with the blast that left three persons dead and 15 others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...