Ajmer blast: NIA granted eight days` time to produce challans
Ajmer: A local court on Friday admitted an
appeal of the National Investigation Agency seeking eight
days` time to produce the challans of the four accused in the
Ajmer Dargah bomb blast case including Swami Aseemanand.
Admitting the NIA`s appeal made through a petition,
Chief Judicial Magistrate Ratan Lal Moond asked the agency to
furnish the challans on April 30.
Earlier, the NIA produced all the four blast accused
including Swami Aseemanand, Harshad, Mukesh and Bharat Bhai
before the CJM amid tight security.
All of them are currently lodged in connection with
the case in Ajmer Central Jail.
One of the accused Harshad is completing 180 days in
judicial custody on 28th April. If challan is not produced
before 28th April in the court then he is legally entitled for
bail, Advocate Dargah Pratap Kumar Verma told the media.
One accused Chandrasekhar has already got bail from
Rajasthan High Court.
Later talking to reporters outside the court
Aseemanand said he is "innocent".
Harshad was arrested on November 1, 2010, Mukesh only
three days later on November 3, Bharat Bhai on February four,
2011 and Aseemanand January 22 this year.
The blast at the famous Ajmer shrine in 2007 had left
three persons dead and 28 injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review