Ajmer sex scandal: Accused nabbed after 19 years
Ajmer: An absconding accused in the sensational
Ajmer sex scandal of early 1990s was nabbed on Tuesday by Special
Operation Group of Rajasthan police here.
Salim Chisty (42), carrying a cash reward of Rs 25,000, is
among the accused who had sexually exploited several girls of
the city by blackmailing them on basis of their photographs
taken in compromising situation.
"Following a tip-off that Salim is in the city, a team was
deputed in Khadim mohalla and other nearby interior parts
of the city," an official said.
It was difficult to identify him as the photographs
available with the SOG were 25 years old, but after intense
search and efforts, he was caught in Khadim mohalla, the
During initial interrogation, he admitted that he was in
Mumbai and Dhaka during the period. He will be produced before
a local court tomorrow, he said.
Ajmer sex scandal came to light in 1992.
Several college girls were victimised by a gang, which
befriended and shot their photographs in compromising
situation, and later raped them for a long time.
Not only these accused, but the lab owner and technician
who developed photographs from the negatives had also
reportedly blackmailed the girls.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India