Ajmer sex scandal: Accused nabbed after 19 years
Ajmer: An absconding accused in the sensational
Ajmer sex scandal of early 1990s was nabbed on Tuesday by Special
Operation Group of Rajasthan police here.
Salim Chisty (42), carrying a cash reward of Rs 25,000, is
among the accused who had sexually exploited several girls of
the city by blackmailing them on basis of their photographs
taken in compromising situation.
"Following a tip-off that Salim is in the city, a team was
deputed in Khadim mohalla and other nearby interior parts
of the city," an official said.
It was difficult to identify him as the photographs
available with the SOG were 25 years old, but after intense
search and efforts, he was caught in Khadim mohalla, the
During initial interrogation, he admitted that he was in
Mumbai and Dhaka during the period. He will be produced before
a local court tomorrow, he said.
Ajmer sex scandal came to light in 1992.
Several college girls were victimised by a gang, which
befriended and shot their photographs in compromising
situation, and later raped them for a long time.
Not only these accused, but the lab owner and technician
who developed photographs from the negatives had also
reportedly blackmailed the girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise