Ajmer Sharif’s religious head to boycott Zardari visit
Ajmer: The religious head of the Ajmer dargah on Sunday announced he will boycott Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari‘s visit to protest the move of district authorities of not allowing him to go inside the shrine beyond the main gate when the visiting delegation arrives here.
Terming it a violation of traditional customs, Dewan Syedzainul Abedin Ali, the Sajjadanish of the Dargah, said that he had earlier been accompanying all VVIP guests who arrived to pay obeisance and authorities have “no right” to stop him.
“My ancestors have been receiving the nation heads… I have been accompanying VVIP guest like Indira Gandhi, KR Narayanan, Pervez Musharraf, Zia-ul-Haq among others,” he said.
Ali claimed that being the religious head of the shrine, it was his “prerogative” to join the visiting delegations. The district administration, on the other hand, has said the move was taken on the basis of police reports, keeping in mind the dispute between the Dewan and the Khadims.
“There is a dispute between the Dewan and Khadims in Dargarh. To avoid any unwanted situation and ugly scene during the visit of the Pakistan President, it was suggested by the police to now allow him beyond Nizam Gate,” District Collector Manju Rajpal said.
Meanwhile, secretary of Anjuman committee, Sayed Wahid Chisty, has also welcomed the move of the authorities, terming it necessary to avoid any unruly scene during the visit.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler