Ajmer Sharif’s religious head to boycott Zardari visit
Ajmer: The religious head of the Ajmer dargah on Sunday announced he will boycott Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari‘s visit to protest the move of district authorities of not allowing him to go inside the shrine beyond the main gate when the visiting delegation arrives here.
Terming it a violation of traditional customs, Dewan Syedzainul Abedin Ali, the Sajjadanish of the Dargah, said that he had earlier been accompanying all VVIP guests who arrived to pay obeisance and authorities have “no right” to stop him.
“My ancestors have been receiving the nation heads… I have been accompanying VVIP guest like Indira Gandhi, KR Narayanan, Pervez Musharraf, Zia-ul-Haq among others,” he said.
Ali claimed that being the religious head of the shrine, it was his “prerogative” to join the visiting delegations. The district administration, on the other hand, has said the move was taken on the basis of police reports, keeping in mind the dispute between the Dewan and the Khadims.
“There is a dispute between the Dewan and Khadims in Dargarh. To avoid any unwanted situation and ugly scene during the visit of the Pakistan President, it was suggested by the police to now allow him beyond Nizam Gate,” District Collector Manju Rajpal said.
Meanwhile, secretary of Anjuman committee, Sayed Wahid Chisty, has also welcomed the move of the authorities, terming it necessary to avoid any unruly scene during the visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal