Ajmer shrine offerings row: Zainul Abedin to get Rs 2cr/year, his son to be next Diwan
Zee Media Bureau
Ajmer: The decade-old dispute over the distribution of offerings made at Ajmer Shrine of the revered Sufi Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti has been resolved.
On Saturday, a significant deal was struck between Diwan Syed Zainul Abedin Ali Khan and the Khadims (caretakers) regarding the distribution of princely amount of offerings and donations made at the Ajmer shrine.
According to the agreement, the Diwan would be given Rs two crores every year by the Khadims.
Given the opulent amount of offerings made at the shrine every year in gold, silver and cash, Rs 2 crore may seem a negligible sum of money, however, the main advantage for Diwan Zainul Abedin is that the Khadims have agreed to make his son Syed Nasiruddin Chishti the next Diwan.
The deal will be given a legal framework on Monday. On August 12, a copy of agreement will be presented in the court.
After the agreement, the shrine committee has stopped placing the blue boxes for the offerings in the dargah.
According to a Rajasthan High Court order in Novemebr 2013, the dargah committee was asked to keep record of the offerings made at the dargah.
The information about the agreement between the diwan and the khadims was given by the officials of the dargah committee.
However, no confirmation about the same has come from either the Diwan or the khadims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video