Ambulance scam: Sachin Pilot demands inquiry by independent body
Jaipur: Accusing Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje of indulging in politics of vendetta, PCC Chief Sachin Pilot on Wednesday said the FIR has been filed against him and others in connection with the alleged ambulance scam "to malign" the image of Congress leadership and demanded an inquiry by independent investigative body.
"We demand that an inquiry into the case be done by an independent investigative body headed by a High Court judge and not by state police or an agency influenced by the government," Pilot told reporters in Dausa.
He said Congress leaders have no faith in BJP government in the state which he alleged in indulging in "politics of vendetta".
He alleged the government is working with malicious intentions and the case was lodged "to malign the image of Congress leadership."
The Rajasthan police had yesterday filed an FIR naming former Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, Pilot and several others in an ambulance scam.
Rajasthan police filed the FIR over allegations of financial irregularities to the tune of Rs 2.56 crore in operating `108` ambulance service during the previous Congress regime.
Former state health minister A A Khan, Karti Chidambaram, son of former Union Minister P Chidambaram and Ravi Krishna, son of former Union Minister Vayalar Ravi, Sweta Mangal, then CEO of Ziqitza Healthcare, Shaffi Mather, former Economic Advisor to Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and the Director of NRHM also figured in the FIR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa