Ammonia gas leak triggers panic in Sriganganagar
Jaipur: Leakage of ammonia gas from a
milk chilling plant created panic in Suratgarh area of
Rajasthan`s Sriganganagar district this evening, with some
people complaining of itching and suffocation.
However, police said the leakage was controlled in
time and there was no report of any harm.
"It was due to a mechanical failure and was timely
controlled by the technical team of the plant. Shops near the
plant, which is located in less populated area, were closed
down immediately after the leakage this evening," they
"There are complaints of itching and suffocation,
but overall, the situation is now under control," police
Exposure to high concentrations of ammonia in air
causes burning of nose, throat and respiratory tract and in
extreme cases results in respiratory distress or failure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!