Ammonia gas leak triggers panic in Sriganganagar
Jaipur: Leakage of ammonia gas from a
milk chilling plant created panic in Suratgarh area of
Rajasthan`s Sriganganagar district this evening, with some
people complaining of itching and suffocation.
However, police said the leakage was controlled in
time and there was no report of any harm.
"It was due to a mechanical failure and was timely
controlled by the technical team of the plant. Shops near the
plant, which is located in less populated area, were closed
down immediately after the leakage this evening," they
"There are complaints of itching and suffocation,
but overall, the situation is now under control," police
Exposure to high concentrations of ammonia in air
causes burning of nose, throat and respiratory tract and in
extreme cases results in respiratory distress or failure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY