Ammonia gas leak triggers panic in Sriganganagar
Jaipur: Leakage of ammonia gas from a
milk chilling plant created panic in Suratgarh area of
Rajasthan`s Sriganganagar district this evening, with some
people complaining of itching and suffocation.
However, police said the leakage was controlled in
time and there was no report of any harm.
"It was due to a mechanical failure and was timely
controlled by the technical team of the plant. Shops near the
plant, which is located in less populated area, were closed
down immediately after the leakage this evening," they
"There are complaints of itching and suffocation,
but overall, the situation is now under control," police
Exposure to high concentrations of ammonia in air
causes burning of nose, throat and respiratory tract and in
extreme cases results in respiratory distress or failure.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Emaar MGF defends Rahul Gandhi, says allegations levelled by BJP MP are baseless
- Gold price slides by Rs 150 to Rs 30,100 per 10 grams
- SHOCKING! Twitterati abuse Pakistani girl, ask her 'hourly rates' as she wrote blog on 'sex as young woman'
- Salman Khan, Ajay Devgn fans go berserk on Twitter, thanks to Shah Rukh Khan – Know why
- Uttarakhand High Court Chief Justic KM Joseph, who quashed President's rule, transferred