Ammonia gas leak triggers panic in Sriganganagar
Jaipur: Leakage of ammonia gas from a
milk chilling plant created panic in Suratgarh area of
Rajasthan`s Sriganganagar district this evening, with some
people complaining of itching and suffocation.
However, police said the leakage was controlled in
time and there was no report of any harm.
"It was due to a mechanical failure and was timely
controlled by the technical team of the plant. Shops near the
plant, which is located in less populated area, were closed
down immediately after the leakage this evening," they
"There are complaints of itching and suffocation,
but overall, the situation is now under control," police
Exposure to high concentrations of ammonia in air
causes burning of nose, throat and respiratory tract and in
extreme cases results in respiratory distress or failure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM