Anand Sharma, Tak, Bhudhaniya file RS nomination papers
Jaipur: Union Minister for Commerce and Industry Anand Sharma and two other Congress candidates Ashaq Ali Tak and Narendra Budhaniya Monday filed their nomination papers for the biennial Rajya Sabha polls slated for June 17.
Rajya Sabha biennial polls will be held for four posts falling vacant after term completion of Najma Heptuallah, Lalit Kishore Chaturvedi, Narendra Budhaniya, Santosh Bagdodiya, and one bye poll of Rajya Sabha seat fell vacant after death of BJP`s K K Valmiki.
Congress has fielded three candidates, while BJP has announced names of V P Singh and noted lawyer Ram Jethmalani, who are likely to file their papers later in the day as today
is the last date of filing nominations.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Will NEET be conducted this year for medical courses? Supreme Court to pronounce order at 3.30 pm
- LG Electronics posts 415% increase in Q1 profit
- Apple to open its stores in India as govt panel waves 30% local sourcing condition
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for