Anand Sharma, Tak, Bhudhaniya file RS nomination papers
Jaipur: Union Minister for Commerce and Industry Anand Sharma and two other Congress candidates Ashaq Ali Tak and Narendra Budhaniya Monday filed their nomination papers for the biennial Rajya Sabha polls slated for June 17.
Rajya Sabha biennial polls will be held for four posts falling vacant after term completion of Najma Heptuallah, Lalit Kishore Chaturvedi, Narendra Budhaniya, Santosh Bagdodiya, and one bye poll of Rajya Sabha seat fell vacant after death of BJP`s K K Valmiki.
Congress has fielded three candidates, while BJP has announced names of V P Singh and noted lawyer Ram Jethmalani, who are likely to file their papers later in the day as today
is the last date of filing nominations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?