Anand Sharma, Tak, Bhudhaniya file RS nomination papers
Jaipur: Union Minister for Commerce and Industry Anand Sharma and two other Congress candidates Ashaq Ali Tak and Narendra Budhaniya Monday filed their nomination papers for the biennial Rajya Sabha polls slated for June 17.
Rajya Sabha biennial polls will be held for four posts falling vacant after term completion of Najma Heptuallah, Lalit Kishore Chaturvedi, Narendra Budhaniya, Santosh Bagdodiya, and one bye poll of Rajya Sabha seat fell vacant after death of BJP`s K K Valmiki.
Congress has fielded three candidates, while BJP has announced names of V P Singh and noted lawyer Ram Jethmalani, who are likely to file their papers later in the day as today
is the last date of filing nominations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player