‘Anna’ marks 1st day of Rajasthan Monsoon Session
Jaipur: Anna Hazare`s agitation for the
passage of the Jan Lokpal bill in Parliament on Tuesday rocked the
Rajasthan Legislative Assembly on the first day of the Monsoon
Session with Opposition BJP raising the demand for a debate on
the issue and staging a walk-out.
As soon as the House assembled, Leader of the Opposition
Vasundhara Raje said there was an urgent need to discuss the
issue of Hazare`s agitation as countrywide people were on the
roads expressing their desire to eradicate corruption.
She said Hazare`s health was deteriorating because of his
fast and the situation may worsen in the country as well as in
the state. Hence, it was important to urgently discuss the
issue of corruption and the ongoing agitation against it.
However, Speaker Deependra Singh Shekhawat asked her to
raise this demand in the meeting of the Business Advisory
Committee (BAC) scheduled after adjournment and took up the
However, BJP MLAs Rajendra Singh Rathore, Kalicharan
Saraf, Digambar Singh and others continued to raise the issue
of Hazare after which the Opposition staged a walk-out.
Two BJP MLAs Devi Singh Bhati and Mohan Lal Gupta were
seen wearing Gandhian caps with `I am Anna` written on them.
The House was later adjourned till 11 am on Friday after
paying tributes to former Tamil Nadu Governor P C Alexander,
former Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu who was
killed in a helicopter crash, former Chief Minister of Haryana
Bhajan Lal, former Union Minister Daulat Ram Saran and a few
former MLAs of the state who had lost their lives.
Former Jaipur royal Bhawani Singh and victims of the
Mumbai bomb blast, Kalka Express accident and Mathura-Chhapra
train-bus collision were also offered tributes by the members
who observed two minute silence in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list