‘Anna’ marks 1st day of Rajasthan Monsoon Session
Jaipur: Anna Hazare`s agitation for the
passage of the Jan Lokpal bill in Parliament on Tuesday rocked the
Rajasthan Legislative Assembly on the first day of the Monsoon
Session with Opposition BJP raising the demand for a debate on
the issue and staging a walk-out.
As soon as the House assembled, Leader of the Opposition
Vasundhara Raje said there was an urgent need to discuss the
issue of Hazare`s agitation as countrywide people were on the
roads expressing their desire to eradicate corruption.
She said Hazare`s health was deteriorating because of his
fast and the situation may worsen in the country as well as in
the state. Hence, it was important to urgently discuss the
issue of corruption and the ongoing agitation against it.
However, Speaker Deependra Singh Shekhawat asked her to
raise this demand in the meeting of the Business Advisory
Committee (BAC) scheduled after adjournment and took up the
However, BJP MLAs Rajendra Singh Rathore, Kalicharan
Saraf, Digambar Singh and others continued to raise the issue
of Hazare after which the Opposition staged a walk-out.
Two BJP MLAs Devi Singh Bhati and Mohan Lal Gupta were
seen wearing Gandhian caps with `I am Anna` written on them.
The House was later adjourned till 11 am on Friday after
paying tributes to former Tamil Nadu Governor P C Alexander,
former Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu who was
killed in a helicopter crash, former Chief Minister of Haryana
Bhajan Lal, former Union Minister Daulat Ram Saran and a few
former MLAs of the state who had lost their lives.
Former Jaipur royal Bhawani Singh and victims of the
Mumbai bomb blast, Kalka Express accident and Mathura-Chhapra
train-bus collision were also offered tributes by the members
who observed two minute silence in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users