Another arrest in Raj fake pilot license scam
Jaipur: The Rajasthan Anti Corruption Bureau
has arrested a person for allegedly obtaining commercial pilot
license in a fraudulent manner.
Rakesh Mehta, a former student of the Rajasthan Flying
School, hails from New Delhi.
He was arrested yesterday at Sanganer locality here.
"Mehta was the student of state flying school in Jaipur,
whose chief flying instructor, MK Chaudhary, and others were
arrested in the fake pilot scam in 2010. Mehta claimed 150
hours of flying but it was fake," Additional SP (ACB) Randhir
Singh, said on Tuesday.
A person is eligible to fly a commercial aircraft only
when he or she secures a Commercial Pilot License (CPL), which
is given out after a person completes 200 hours of flying
during the training.
He was produced before a local ACB court and was released
on a bail yesterday. The commercial pilot license of the
accused was suspended by the Directorate General of Civil
Aviation (DGCA) after the government-run flying school`s name
cropped up in the scam.
So far over a dozen people, including pilots and DGCA
staffers, have been arrested since 2010 on charges of using
forged marksheets, fudging flying hours and related documents
to procure flying licenses from the DGCA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray