Another IAF officer commits suicide in Jodhpur
Jodhpur: Less than a fortnight after the alleged suicide by a woman Squadron Leader of the Indian Air Force here, another IAF officer was found hanging in his room on Sunday.
Rahul Singh (24), who was a corporal at the Jodhpur Air Force Station, shut himself in his barrack and allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from the ceiling fan, SHO Sugan Singh said.
Rahul, who belonged to Kanpur, had been posted at Jodhpur station a year back.
No suicide note has been recovered from the spot, the police officer said, adding that his relatives have been informed.
"It is clearly the case of suicide. We have registered the case and have initiated the investigation," he said.
A Court of Inquiry was ordered by IAF into the death.
"The Court of Inquiry has been ordered with immediate effect and as far as the police investigation is concerned, we will fully cooperate with them," defence spokesperson SD Goswami said.
The death comes close on the heels of Squadron Leader Anindita`s alleged suicide on November 28 at her official quarters at the air base here. She too was found hanging from the ceiling fan in a room of the house by her fighter pilot husband.
The investigation in the case is being carried out by the ADM (City).
Prima facie it appears that a tiff between the couple over the use of Facebook or problems over her late night arrivals could have led to her taking the extreme step, ADM (City) Rajendra Singh said.
Reports of chemical tests and FSL are awaited in the case, he said, adding that, "The report will take time to arrive and the process of recording of the statements is going on."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?