Another IAF officer commits suicide in Jodhpur
Jodhpur: Less than a fortnight after the alleged suicide by a woman Squadron Leader of the Indian Air Force here, another IAF officer was found hanging in his room on Sunday.
Rahul Singh (24), who was a corporal at the Jodhpur Air Force Station, shut himself in his barrack and allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from the ceiling fan, SHO Sugan Singh said.
Rahul, who belonged to Kanpur, had been posted at Jodhpur station a year back.
No suicide note has been recovered from the spot, the police officer said, adding that his relatives have been informed.
"It is clearly the case of suicide. We have registered the case and have initiated the investigation," he said.
A Court of Inquiry was ordered by IAF into the death.
"The Court of Inquiry has been ordered with immediate effect and as far as the police investigation is concerned, we will fully cooperate with them," defence spokesperson SD Goswami said.
The death comes close on the heels of Squadron Leader Anindita`s alleged suicide on November 28 at her official quarters at the air base here. She too was found hanging from the ceiling fan in a room of the house by her fighter pilot husband.
The investigation in the case is being carried out by the ADM (City).
Prima facie it appears that a tiff between the couple over the use of Facebook or problems over her late night arrivals could have led to her taking the extreme step, ADM (City) Rajendra Singh said.
Reports of chemical tests and FSL are awaited in the case, he said, adding that, "The report will take time to arrive and the process of recording of the statements is going on."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi