Appropriate if CBI probe ordered into illegal land lease: HC
Jaipur: Rajathan High Court on Wednesday said it appeared that police had done a shoddy job in probing alleged illegal leasing of government land here and it would be appropriate if a fresh CBI inquiry is ordered in the matter.
The single judge bench of the high court also asked counsel for parties to apprise the court that in case a de-novo (fresh) inquiry by CBI is ordered, what would be fate of present accused against whom cognisance has been taken.
"It appears to the court that local police has done a formality in investigation and it would be in fit state of things if a fresh inquiry is ordered to be conducted by CBI to unearth the role of culprits," the court said while hearing criminal miscellaneous petitions filed by an IAS and a RAS, who are accused in the case.
It was contended by counsel for complainant Bhagwat Gaur, Advocate Ajay Kumar Jain that the court cannot order a fresh inquiry against those accused persons who have already been booked and agaisnt whom inquiry stands concluded, however, those who are still at large or role of any new accused can be inquired into if the court deems it appropriate.
The case relates to alleged cheating and illegal leasing of government land around 16th century Jal Mahal here to a private company for developing tourist facilities.
The matter will be now heard on this issue on May 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race