Arms dealer held for illegal sale of weapons
Jaisalmer: An inter-state arms
dealer was today arrested here for illegal sale of arms and
ammunition, police said.
Mahendra Singh, a resident of Dhonpur in Madhya
Pradesh`s Mehuna district, used to visit the border district
and sell weapons illegally, they said.
He was held following a raid at a hotel here and
police allegedly recovered three pistols and 18 cartridges
During interrogation, the accused reportedly told
police that he used to sell a pistol for anywhere between Rs
25,000 and Rs 50,000, and so far he had sold six pistols.
The police said they were tracing the buyers of the
weapons and that charges under the Arms Act were lodged
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi