Army Chief at pink city to witness army exercise
Jaipur: Army Chief General VK Singh on Wednesday reviewed the conduct of the ongoing exercise `Shoor Veer` in Rajasthan`s Humangarh and nearby region.
The Army Chief was received by Lieutenant General Gyan Bhushan, General Oficer Commanding-in-Chief (Army Commander), of South Western Command), in the exercise area.
The COAS was briefed on the training aspects, new concepts of warfare being tried and the conduct of the exercise by Lieutenant General Ashok Singh, General Officer Commanding 1 Corps, and L. Gen Sanjeev Anand, General Officer Commanding `Chetak Corps`.
The Army Chief witnessed the exercise that entails the launch of theatre offensive by Sapta Shakti Command spearheaded by 1 Corps and Chetak Corps.
The exercise displayed synergy of Army and Air Force in launching air-land battle and the capability to orchestrate battle in network centric environment with integration of reconnaissance, surveillance and electronic warfare and communication assets to provide real time battle and situational awareness of commanders, according to an official release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro