Army Chief meets Rajasthan CM in Jaipur
Jaipur: Army Chief General Bikram Singh, who was in the state capital for a two-day visit to the South- Western Command, on Wednesday met Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot at his official residence.
During the meeting, Singh and Gehlot talked on issues pertaining to civil-military relations and also discussed mutual assistance programmes towards development projects and human resources progression in the region.
They also discussed enhanced incentives for awardees, besides establishment of Rajasthan Ex-serviceman Corporation and provision of land and monetary grant for welfare schemes of the army.
The Army Chief thanked the Chief Minister for various initiatives taken by the Rajasthan government for welfare of ex-servicemen and `Veer Naris`, an army spokesperson said.
Singh, along with his wife and Central Family Welfare Organisation (CFWO) president Bubbles Singh, thereafter left for Bathinda to visit the Chetak Corps, before returning to Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened