Army Chief meets Rajasthan CM in Jaipur
Jaipur: Army Chief General Bikram Singh, who was in the state capital for a two-day visit to the South- Western Command, on Wednesday met Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot at his official residence.
During the meeting, Singh and Gehlot talked on issues pertaining to civil-military relations and also discussed mutual assistance programmes towards development projects and human resources progression in the region.
They also discussed enhanced incentives for awardees, besides establishment of Rajasthan Ex-serviceman Corporation and provision of land and monetary grant for welfare schemes of the army.
The Army Chief thanked the Chief Minister for various initiatives taken by the Rajasthan government for welfare of ex-servicemen and `Veer Naris`, an army spokesperson said.
Singh, along with his wife and Central Family Welfare Organisation (CFWO) president Bubbles Singh, thereafter left for Bathinda to visit the Chetak Corps, before returning to Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex