Army Chief meets Rajasthan CM in Jaipur
Jaipur: Army Chief General Bikram Singh, who was in the state capital for a two-day visit to the South- Western Command, on Wednesday met Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot at his official residence.
During the meeting, Singh and Gehlot talked on issues pertaining to civil-military relations and also discussed mutual assistance programmes towards development projects and human resources progression in the region.
They also discussed enhanced incentives for awardees, besides establishment of Rajasthan Ex-serviceman Corporation and provision of land and monetary grant for welfare schemes of the army.
The Army Chief thanked the Chief Minister for various initiatives taken by the Rajasthan government for welfare of ex-servicemen and `Veer Naris`, an army spokesperson said.
Singh, along with his wife and Central Family Welfare Organisation (CFWO) president Bubbles Singh, thereafter left for Bathinda to visit the Chetak Corps, before returning to Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India