Army Chief to attend ex-servicemen`s rally in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Army Chief General Bikram Singh will attend an ex-servicemen`s rally in Nagaur district of Rajasthan on March 8.
The rally, organised by Ranbankura Division of Army`s South Western Command, will be held at the Nagaur Sports Stadium to address issues related to ex-servicemen and `veer naris` (war widows).
General Singh will be the chief guest at the function. It will also be be attended by senior army officers and civilian dignitaries, defence spokesperson SD Goswami said.
During the rally, grievances of ex-servicemen related to pension documentation, health benefits and other issues will be looked into by various agencies including civil administration.
Modified scooters, wheel chairs and tricycles will be provided to disabled ex-servicemen.
Essential financial assistance as required, including education scholarship to wards of ex-servicemen and `veer naris` will also be provided.
Awareness and assistance stalls by different defence and civil agencies will be established in the rally which includes Principal Controller of Defence Account (Pension), Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS), Army Welfare Placement Organisation (AWPO) and Rajya Sainik Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar