Army Chief to visit Jaipur
Jaipur: Army Chief General Bikram Singh would be visiting Army`s South-Western Command here on Tuesday, his first visit to the command after his appointment as Chief of Army staff.
"This will be his first visit to the command after taking over as the Chief of Army staff. He will stay here till August 1," defence spokesperson S D Goswami said.
"The Army Chief would address all officers of Jaipur station to apprise them of his vision and key thrust areas of the Indian Army, as also the external and internal security, challenges that are likely to emerge in the short and long term perspective," the spokesperson said.
The Army Chief will be accompanied by his wife Bubbles Singh, the president of Army Wives Welfare Association (AWWA), Goswami said.
General Bikram Singh also plans to interact with Veterans at Jaipur, apprising them of various measures undertaken towards enhancement of welfare of ex-servicemen, he said.
President of Central AWWA is scheduled to interact with families in the Command where she would personally meet them and inform them of the implementation of welfare and growth-oriented schemes under the initiatives of AWWA, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees