Army Chief to visit Jaipur
Jaipur: Army Chief General Bikram Singh would be visiting Army`s South-Western Command here on Tuesday, his first visit to the command after his appointment as Chief of Army staff.
"This will be his first visit to the command after taking over as the Chief of Army staff. He will stay here till August 1," defence spokesperson S D Goswami said.
"The Army Chief would address all officers of Jaipur station to apprise them of his vision and key thrust areas of the Indian Army, as also the external and internal security, challenges that are likely to emerge in the short and long term perspective," the spokesperson said.
The Army Chief will be accompanied by his wife Bubbles Singh, the president of Army Wives Welfare Association (AWWA), Goswami said.
General Bikram Singh also plans to interact with Veterans at Jaipur, apprising them of various measures undertaken towards enhancement of welfare of ex-servicemen, he said.
President of Central AWWA is scheduled to interact with families in the Command where she would personally meet them and inform them of the implementation of welfare and growth-oriented schemes under the initiatives of AWWA, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official