Army issues a notice to UIT Kota
Jaipur: Army has raised objections to the alleged encroachment on a defence land and issued a notice to civil authorities in Kota.
The notice was served to Urban Improvement Trust (UIT) by the local military authorities recently for encroachment of defence land.
The Army raised objection to construction of an overbridge, which, it claims, is 39 meters inside the defence land and alleged encroachment by two religious places, Central government office, 11 houses and shops.
"A site report prepared after a joint survey pointed out that the rail over bridge was being constructed on Defence Land. Therefore, notice has been issued to them for encroachment of Defence Land," Defence Spokesperson S D Goswami said.
He said that during the survey, it came to light that construction is 39 metres inside defence land as per land settlement revenue maps.
Accordingly, in recent past, the Army has issued notices to 14 encroachers to vacate from its Defence land adjoining the over Bridge.
The encroachers include a temple, dargah, Central Government office and 11 houses or shops, he added.
Chairman UIT Kota, Ravindra Tyagi, said that action will be taken after examining the notice.
"The overbridge has already been dedicated to public. There are several encroachers on the defence land and we will take action after examining the notice," he said.
A legal advice sought from Central Government Standing Counsel (CGSC) has recommended notice to UIT Kota under Public Premises Eviction (PPE) Act 1971.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates