Army issues a notice to UIT Kota
Jaipur: Army has raised objections to the alleged encroachment on a defence land and issued a notice to civil authorities in Kota.
The notice was served to Urban Improvement Trust (UIT) by the local military authorities recently for encroachment of defence land.
The Army raised objection to construction of an overbridge, which, it claims, is 39 meters inside the defence land and alleged encroachment by two religious places, Central government office, 11 houses and shops.
"A site report prepared after a joint survey pointed out that the rail over bridge was being constructed on Defence Land. Therefore, notice has been issued to them for encroachment of Defence Land," Defence Spokesperson S D Goswami said.
He said that during the survey, it came to light that construction is 39 metres inside defence land as per land settlement revenue maps.
Accordingly, in recent past, the Army has issued notices to 14 encroachers to vacate from its Defence land adjoining the over Bridge.
The encroachers include a temple, dargah, Central Government office and 11 houses or shops, he added.
Chairman UIT Kota, Ravindra Tyagi, said that action will be taken after examining the notice.
"The overbridge has already been dedicated to public. There are several encroachers on the defence land and we will take action after examining the notice," he said.
A legal advice sought from Central Government Standing Counsel (CGSC) has recommended notice to UIT Kota under Public Premises Eviction (PPE) Act 1971.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth