Aruna disapproves privilege motion against Bedi
Jaipur: Social activist Aruna Roy on Saturday
disapproved the move to bring breach of privilege motion
against Kiran Bedi for her controversial remarks about
Parliamentarians during Anna Hazare`s anti-corruption
"I agree that such comments (by Bedi) are not
acceptable, but I disapprove the move to bring privilege
motion on the entire matter. There are other legal ways to
deal with such cases," she told reporters here.
On Income Tax department`s notice to Anna`s aide Arvind
Kejriwal to pay dues, Roy said the matter was not a current
one and the department should have taken the step to serve him
notice in 2007.
The activist said she would meet the Parliament`s
Standing Committee going into Lokpal issue on September 7 and
apprise it about the approach of National Campaign for
Peoples` Right to Information (NCPRI), with which she is
associated, towards anti-corruption and grievance
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion