Aruna disapproves privilege motion against Bedi
Jaipur: Social activist Aruna Roy on Saturday
disapproved the move to bring breach of privilege motion
against Kiran Bedi for her controversial remarks about
Parliamentarians during Anna Hazare`s anti-corruption
"I agree that such comments (by Bedi) are not
acceptable, but I disapprove the move to bring privilege
motion on the entire matter. There are other legal ways to
deal with such cases," she told reporters here.
On Income Tax department`s notice to Anna`s aide Arvind
Kejriwal to pay dues, Roy said the matter was not a current
one and the department should have taken the step to serve him
notice in 2007.
The activist said she would meet the Parliament`s
Standing Committee going into Lokpal issue on September 7 and
apprise it about the approach of National Campaign for
Peoples` Right to Information (NCPRI), with which she is
associated, towards anti-corruption and grievance
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends