Asaram Bapu`s aide sent to jail
Jodhpur: Key witness and aide of incarcerated self-styled godman Asaram Bapu was today remanded to nine-day judicial custody by a local court here.
Shiva was produced before District and Sessions Judge Manoj Kumar Vyas, who sent him to judicial custody till September 16. Now, both Asaram and Shiva will be produced in the court on September 16.
Police kept Shiva in its custody for four days and has extracted vital information pertaining to the case, officials said. Police will now arrest Shilpi, Sharad Chandra and cook of Asaram for further interrogation.
"We are verifying evidences obtained so far following the interrogation of Shiva to see whether they have any relevance with the case or not," DCP Lamba said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing