Asaram Bapu`s aide sent to jail
Jodhpur: Key witness and aide of incarcerated self-styled godman Asaram Bapu was today remanded to nine-day judicial custody by a local court here.
Shiva was produced before District and Sessions Judge Manoj Kumar Vyas, who sent him to judicial custody till September 16. Now, both Asaram and Shiva will be produced in the court on September 16.
Police kept Shiva in its custody for four days and has extracted vital information pertaining to the case, officials said. Police will now arrest Shilpi, Sharad Chandra and cook of Asaram for further interrogation.
"We are verifying evidences obtained so far following the interrogation of Shiva to see whether they have any relevance with the case or not," DCP Lamba said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Dhyan Chand should have got Bharat Ratna ahead of Sachin Tendulkar, says former greats
- Kevin Magnussen taken to hospital for checks after crash at Belgian Grand Prix
- Study Constitution well, understand democratic process: President to law students
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg cruises to victory at Spa, Lewis Hamilton third
- 60 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan battle