Asaram Bapu`s judicial custody extended by 14 days
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: A District and Sessions Court here extended the judicial custody of controversial godman Asaram Bapu by fourteen days on Monday.
The spiritual guru, who has been accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl in his ashram will continue to remain in jail till September 30.
"Asaram Bapu was presented in court today. Asaram Bapu and Shiva`s judicial custody has been extended till September 30. The next hearing will be on September 30," advocate Kapil Purohit said.
The 72-year-old Asaram was produced in court after his fourteen days` judicial custody ended today.
Earlier, a lower court had rejected the bail plea of Asaram, who was arrested on September 1 from his Indore ashram.
The 16-year-old girl alleged that the sexual assault took place on August 15 at Asaram`s ashram outside Jodhpur city and the complaint was filed by her Aug 20. The spiritual guru has denied the charge. Police, however, claimed they had a water-tight case against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...