Asaram Bapu`s judicial custody extended by 14 days
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: A District and Sessions Court here extended the judicial custody of controversial godman Asaram Bapu by fourteen days on Monday.
The spiritual guru, who has been accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl in his ashram will continue to remain in jail till September 30.
"Asaram Bapu was presented in court today. Asaram Bapu and Shiva`s judicial custody has been extended till September 30. The next hearing will be on September 30," advocate Kapil Purohit said.
The 72-year-old Asaram was produced in court after his fourteen days` judicial custody ended today.
Earlier, a lower court had rejected the bail plea of Asaram, who was arrested on September 1 from his Indore ashram.
The 16-year-old girl alleged that the sexual assault took place on August 15 at Asaram`s ashram outside Jodhpur city and the complaint was filed by her Aug 20. The spiritual guru has denied the charge. Police, however, claimed they had a water-tight case against him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video