Asaram Bapu`s judicial custody extended by 14 days
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: A District and Sessions Court here extended the judicial custody of controversial godman Asaram Bapu by fourteen days on Monday.
The spiritual guru, who has been accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl in his ashram will continue to remain in jail till September 30.
"Asaram Bapu was presented in court today. Asaram Bapu and Shiva`s judicial custody has been extended till September 30. The next hearing will be on September 30," advocate Kapil Purohit said.
The 72-year-old Asaram was produced in court after his fourteen days` judicial custody ended today.
Earlier, a lower court had rejected the bail plea of Asaram, who was arrested on September 1 from his Indore ashram.
The 16-year-old girl alleged that the sexual assault took place on August 15 at Asaram`s ashram outside Jodhpur city and the complaint was filed by her Aug 20. The spiritual guru has denied the charge. Police, however, claimed they had a water-tight case against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing