Asaram case: Ashram warden sent to police custody
Jodhpur: A local court on Thursday remanded a key accused and associate of controversial self-styled godman Asaram Bapu in police custody till September 30.
Shilpi, the warden of Asaram`s Chindwara `ashram` in Madhya Pradesh, had surrendered before the court yesterday after which she was sent to police remand for one day.
Today, she was produced before the District and Sessions court, which sent her to five-day police custody.
"She was produced in District and Session court today, where Judge Manoj Kumar Vyas sent him to police custody till September 30," said her counsel Pradeep Choudhary.
Shilpi had moved the anticipatory bail application in the High Court after a lower court had rejected her plea.
Shilpi had told the parents of the 16-year-old girl that she was under influence of evil spirits. She made arrangements to send the girl to Manai `ashram` where?Asaram allegedly sexually assaulted her in August.
Asaram was arrested in the case on September 1 and his aide Shiva was arrested a few days later.
Two more co-accused -- in-charge of hostel of Chhindwara Gurukul Sharad Chandra and cook Prakash -- have surrendered before the court on September 20.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?