Asaram examined by doctors, court to get medical report today
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: A team of doctors, which examined self-styled godman Asaram Bapu to ascertain if he needs `special food` inside jail, will submit its report to Jodhpur court on Tuesday.
A medical board constituted to assess Asaram Bapu`s health examined him in Central jail in Jodhpur on Monday.
After the examination, Asaram, who is under scanner for sexually assaulting a minor, was taken to MDM Hospital in the afternoon for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
On September 6, District and Session Court (rural) had directed a medical board to examine Asaram while hearing an application by him seeking facilities like special health food, comfortable bed, `Gangajal` and some other articles for carrying out prayers in the jail.
The team of doctors also examined Asaram to verify whether he has been suffering from some "serious diseases", as his counsels had argued in the court.
The medical report will be produced in the court today, after which the Jodhpur court will decide whether Asaram has to be given the medicated food in the jail or not.
Meanwhile, the defence did not move any application in the High Court yesterday triggering speculation that Asaram is likely to rope in a big lawyer from New Delhi to file his bail application in the High Court to make sure that it is not rejected this time.
His counsels, however, refused to comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing