Asaram examined by doctors, court to get medical report today
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: A team of doctors, which examined self-styled godman Asaram Bapu to ascertain if he needs `special food` inside jail, will submit its report to Jodhpur court on Tuesday.
A medical board constituted to assess Asaram Bapu`s health examined him in Central jail in Jodhpur on Monday.
After the examination, Asaram, who is under scanner for sexually assaulting a minor, was taken to MDM Hospital in the afternoon for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
On September 6, District and Session Court (rural) had directed a medical board to examine Asaram while hearing an application by him seeking facilities like special health food, comfortable bed, `Gangajal` and some other articles for carrying out prayers in the jail.
The team of doctors also examined Asaram to verify whether he has been suffering from some "serious diseases", as his counsels had argued in the court.
The medical report will be produced in the court today, after which the Jodhpur court will decide whether Asaram has to be given the medicated food in the jail or not.
Meanwhile, the defence did not move any application in the High Court yesterday triggering speculation that Asaram is likely to rope in a big lawyer from New Delhi to file his bail application in the High Court to make sure that it is not rejected this time.
His counsels, however, refused to comment on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh