Asaram must undergo narco-analysis test: Rajasthan Women Commission
Kota: State Women Commission has demanded that self-styled godman Asaram Bapu undergo a narco- analysis test to prove his innocence in the sexual assault case of the 16-year-old daughter of one of his followers.
"If required, Asaram must undergo narco test (polygraph test) to prove his innocence," chairman of the Commission Prof Ladkumari Jain said.
Expressing regret that crime against women in the country was on the rise, Jain appealed to families not to take their daughters and women to self-styled godmen for any kind of treatment.
She said the law to protect women against crime must be enforced strictly and society should boycott rapists.
Jain also claimed that there were several cases where Section 498A (dowry law) was being misused and demanded it be amended.
Terming juvenile law as "outrageous", Jain said, "It should be applied depending on the physical and mental status of the accused."
Asaram was remanded in 14-day judicial custody by a local court yesterday in connection with the case. He has denied the charges.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!