Asaram must undergo narco-analysis test: Rajasthan Women Commission
Kota: State Women Commission has demanded that self-styled godman Asaram Bapu undergo a narco- analysis test to prove his innocence in the sexual assault case of the 16-year-old daughter of one of his followers.
"If required, Asaram must undergo narco test (polygraph test) to prove his innocence," chairman of the Commission Prof Ladkumari Jain said.
Expressing regret that crime against women in the country was on the rise, Jain appealed to families not to take their daughters and women to self-styled godmen for any kind of treatment.
She said the law to protect women against crime must be enforced strictly and society should boycott rapists.
Jain also claimed that there were several cases where Section 498A (dowry law) was being misused and demanded it be amended.
Terming juvenile law as "outrageous", Jain said, "It should be applied depending on the physical and mental status of the accused."
Asaram was remanded in 14-day judicial custody by a local court yesterday in connection with the case. He has denied the charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city