Asaram’s aide surrenders before Jodhpur court in sexual assault case
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Jodhpur: Self-styled godman Asaram Bapu’s close aide Shilpi, who was absconding for weeks after the spiritual guru’s arrest in the sexual assault case, on Wednesday surrendered in the Jodhpur session court.
Shilpi, Chhindwara Gurukul Ashram hostel warden, is a co-accused in the case of alleged sexual assault of a teenage girl by the spiritual guru. Shilpi had allegedly advised the girl`s parents to take her to Asaram to "ward off evil souls" leading to the sexual assault.
Her anticipatory bail plea has been rejected by the Jodhpur High Court. Earlier, the Jodhpur police claimed her arrest would only make things difficult for Asaram.
Police had launched a massive manhunt to get hold of Shilpi. Multiple teams raided at different places.
Asaram has been in jail since Spetember 2. His personal attendent Shiva is also in jail with him.
Earlier, the police had rubbished reports which claimed that Asaram and Shilpi had physical relations.
Asaram has denied that he assaulted the teenage girl, however, his aides had told the police during investigation that the spiritual guru had spent an hour with the victim alone.
He told her parents that he has to perform exorcism to rid her of the evil spirits that possess her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan