Asaram’s aide surrenders before Jodhpur court in sexual assault case
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Jodhpur: Self-styled godman Asaram Bapu’s close aide Shilpi, who was absconding for weeks after the spiritual guru’s arrest in the sexual assault case, on Wednesday surrendered in the Jodhpur session court.
Shilpi, Chhindwara Gurukul Ashram hostel warden, is a co-accused in the case of alleged sexual assault of a teenage girl by the spiritual guru. Shilpi had allegedly advised the girl`s parents to take her to Asaram to "ward off evil souls" leading to the sexual assault.
Her anticipatory bail plea has been rejected by the Jodhpur High Court. Earlier, the Jodhpur police claimed her arrest would only make things difficult for Asaram.
Police had launched a massive manhunt to get hold of Shilpi. Multiple teams raided at different places.
Asaram has been in jail since Spetember 2. His personal attendent Shiva is also in jail with him.
Earlier, the police had rubbished reports which claimed that Asaram and Shilpi had physical relations.
Asaram has denied that he assaulted the teenage girl, however, his aides had told the police during investigation that the spiritual guru had spent an hour with the victim alone.
He told her parents that he has to perform exorcism to rid her of the evil spirits that possess her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!