Asaram`s ashram demolished in Rajasthan
Zee Media Bureau/ Kamna Arora
Jaipur: The troubles of spiritual guru Asaram Bapu, arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl, are far from being over.
A part of Asaram`s ashram was demolished by the district administration of Bhilwara district in Rajasthan on Thursday.
The ashram had encroached over 4 `bighas` of government land near Harni Khurd area.
According to a senior official, the ashram was allotted three `bigha` land few years back, but it illegally covered the surrounding land.
District Collector Onkar Singh said,"We have recovered the government land from the ashram and covered it with a boundary wall."
The action was taken after a complaint, he said.
Local tehsildar was asked by the Collector to prepare a report over the issue. Later, the tehsildar and a revenue official found that 4.6 `bigha` of land had been encroached.
Asaram, 72, is currently lodged in Jodhpur Central Jail after a court sent him to 14-day judicial custody last week.
The 16-year-old girl alleged that the sexual assault took place on August 15 at Asaram`s ashram outside Jodhpur city and the complaint was filed by her on August 20. The spiritual guru has denied the charge. Police, however, claimed they had a water-tight case against him.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000