Asaram’s judicial custody extended till October 11
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: The judicial custody of self-styled godman, Asaram, who was arrested for sexual assault of a minor girl has been extended till October 11.
The controversial 72-year-old Asaram had earlier moved a bail application in Rajasthan High Court which was rejected.
Asaram was sent to judicial custody by a local court in the after a 16-year old girl lodged a complaint of sexual assault against him at his Jodhpur ashram with the police on August 20.
His close aide Shilpi, who was absconding for weeks after the spiritual guru’s arrest in the sexual assault case on September 25 surrendered in the Jodhpur session court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations