Asaram’s judicial custody extended till October 11
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: The judicial custody of self-styled godman, Asaram, who was arrested for sexual assault of a minor girl has been extended till October 11.
The controversial 72-year-old Asaram had earlier moved a bail application in Rajasthan High Court which was rejected.
Asaram was sent to judicial custody by a local court in the after a 16-year old girl lodged a complaint of sexual assault against him at his Jodhpur ashram with the police on August 20.
His close aide Shilpi, who was absconding for weeks after the spiritual guru’s arrest in the sexual assault case on September 25 surrendered in the Jodhpur session court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Acute Zika infection may damage sensory nerves
- Day after being sacked as AAP's Punjab convener, Sucha Singh Chhotepur calls for CBI probe
- Coal scam: Ex-Coal Secy says, don't want advocate whose fee I cannot pay; will face trial from jail
- Japan PM pledges to invest $ 30 billion in Africa by 2018
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win