Asaram’s judicial custody extended till October 11
Zee Media Bureau
Jodhpur: The judicial custody of self-styled godman, Asaram, who was arrested for sexual assault of a minor girl has been extended till October 11.
The controversial 72-year-old Asaram had earlier moved a bail application in Rajasthan High Court which was rejected.
Asaram was sent to judicial custody by a local court in the after a 16-year old girl lodged a complaint of sexual assault against him at his Jodhpur ashram with the police on August 20.
His close aide Shilpi, who was absconding for weeks after the spiritual guru’s arrest in the sexual assault case on September 25 surrendered in the Jodhpur session court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- North Korea floats propaganda leaflets in river for 1st time
- WATCH: Chilling video of Gwalior road mishap and miraculous escape of two scooty riders
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Palestinian killed in exchange of fire with Israeli army
- Girl commits suicide after being ragged in Kerala, three final year students arrested