Ashok Gehlot announces water policy
Jaipur: Announcing the water policy in the
Assembly, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Tuesday said
that only 30 blocks in the state had sufficient water
He said controlling water consumption was a must as 164
blocks in the state were over-exploited, 34 were critical and
8 blocks were semi-critical due to lack of rainfall, rising
population and exploitation of ground water.
He said only 30 blocks across the state were "safe" and
added the scarcity of water was of major concern.
Gehlot also sought suggestions from members to strengthen
water management in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis