Ashok Gehlot announces water policy
Jaipur: Announcing the water policy in the
Assembly, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Tuesday said
that only 30 blocks in the state had sufficient water
He said controlling water consumption was a must as 164
blocks in the state were over-exploited, 34 were critical and
8 blocks were semi-critical due to lack of rainfall, rising
population and exploitation of ground water.
He said only 30 blocks across the state were "safe" and
added the scarcity of water was of major concern.
Gehlot also sought suggestions from members to strengthen
water management in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000