Ashok Gehlot announces water policy
Jaipur: Announcing the water policy in the
Assembly, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Tuesday said
that only 30 blocks in the state had sufficient water
He said controlling water consumption was a must as 164
blocks in the state were over-exploited, 34 were critical and
8 blocks were semi-critical due to lack of rainfall, rising
population and exploitation of ground water.
He said only 30 blocks across the state were "safe" and
added the scarcity of water was of major concern.
Gehlot also sought suggestions from members to strengthen
water management in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened