Ashok Gehlot asks media to maintain credibility
Jaipur: Terming journalism as a "mission" to serve society, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday said media should maintain its credibility and play an effective role by bringing the truth before the people.
"Since people have faith in printed news, newspapers should carry value-based and factual news rather involving in creating sensation," Gehlot said while addressing at the inauguration of a vernacular newspaper`s building here.
He said that journalists and writers should make efforts for reviving social values by their work.
The Chief Minister claimed that his government has taken several decisions for the welfare of common people as well as the journalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air