Ashok Gehlot asks media to maintain credibility
Jaipur: Terming journalism as a "mission" to serve society, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday said media should maintain its credibility and play an effective role by bringing the truth before the people.
"Since people have faith in printed news, newspapers should carry value-based and factual news rather involving in creating sensation," Gehlot said while addressing at the inauguration of a vernacular newspaper`s building here.
He said that journalists and writers should make efforts for reviving social values by their work.
The Chief Minister claimed that his government has taken several decisions for the welfare of common people as well as the journalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145