Ashok Gehlot asks media to maintain credibility
Jaipur: Terming journalism as a "mission" to serve society, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday said media should maintain its credibility and play an effective role by bringing the truth before the people.
"Since people have faith in printed news, newspapers should carry value-based and factual news rather involving in creating sensation," Gehlot said while addressing at the inauguration of a vernacular newspaper`s building here.
He said that journalists and writers should make efforts for reviving social values by their work.
The Chief Minister claimed that his government has taken several decisions for the welfare of common people as well as the journalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe
- Virat Kohli: Homework was a 'big headache'
- Three more Indian athletes qualify for Rio Olympics
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore