Ashok Gehlot asks media to maintain credibility
Jaipur: Terming journalism as a "mission" to serve society, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Sunday said media should maintain its credibility and play an effective role by bringing the truth before the people.
"Since people have faith in printed news, newspapers should carry value-based and factual news rather involving in creating sensation," Gehlot said while addressing at the inauguration of a vernacular newspaper`s building here.
He said that journalists and writers should make efforts for reviving social values by their work.
The Chief Minister claimed that his government has taken several decisions for the welfare of common people as well as the journalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel