Ashok Gehlot attacks Vasundhara Raje for firing on protesters
Jaipur/Chittorgarh: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday alleged that several innocent people fell to the bullets of police in protests during the previous BJP regime.
Addressing a gathering in Chittorgarh district, Gehlot claimed, "farmers demanding water and Gujjars demanding reservation had to face bullets and many people were killed in firing."
He held former chief minister Vasundhara Raje responsible for the deaths.
While speaking in the state capital, the Chief Minister talked about development schemes of his government.
"Rajasthan has become the leading state in social security sector by introducing various schemes and programmes," he said.
Gehlot said the state government has in the last four-and-a-half-year gave various schemes like Janani Shishu Suraksha, free medicines scheme, BPL housing scheme among others which delivered encouraging results and proved boon for people.
"We made all possible efforts to give good and transparent governance. Details of assets of (chief minister and) ministers were made public and priority was given to e-governance so as to ensure transparent functioning," Gehlot told reporters in Udaipur before leaving for Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking