Ashok Gehlot attacks Vasundhara Raje for firing on protesters
Jaipur/Chittorgarh: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Wednesday alleged that several innocent people fell to the bullets of police in protests during the previous BJP regime.
Addressing a gathering in Chittorgarh district, Gehlot claimed, "farmers demanding water and Gujjars demanding reservation had to face bullets and many people were killed in firing."
He held former chief minister Vasundhara Raje responsible for the deaths.
While speaking in the state capital, the Chief Minister talked about development schemes of his government.
"Rajasthan has become the leading state in social security sector by introducing various schemes and programmes," he said.
Gehlot said the state government has in the last four-and-a-half-year gave various schemes like Janani Shishu Suraksha, free medicines scheme, BPL housing scheme among others which delivered encouraging results and proved boon for people.
"We made all possible efforts to give good and transparent governance. Details of assets of (chief minister and) ministers were made public and priority was given to e-governance so as to ensure transparent functioning," Gehlot told reporters in Udaipur before leaving for Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview
- Ready to pay additional Rs 300 crore, Sahara chief Subrata Roy tells SC