Ashok Gehlot flags off Jaipur Metro`s trial run
Jaipur: The trial run of the Jaipur Metro began on Wednesday with Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot flagging off a train at the Mansarovar station here.
The trial run will take place between Mansarovar and Shyam Nagar stations via New Atish Market and Vivek Vihar stations.
The first phase of the Metro train services was completed before schedule and after two months of trial run on the 2.4- KM track, the facility would be opened to public later this year or early next year after ensuring full security, Gehlot told reporters at the Mansarovar station.
On being asked about the BJP`s allegations that the government rushed up the flag off ceremony because of the Assembly elections, Gehlot said, "This is being done for public facility. Today`s event is just a smooth trial run of the train, nothing to do with vote bank politics."
"Actual train will run after completion of entire works at the slated route between Mansarovar and Chandpole," he said.
CMD of the Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation Limited NC Goyal said that the trial run began between Mansarovar and Shyam Nagar stations via New Atish Market and Vivek Vihar stations at a speed of 40 to 45 km per hour.
"For the first phase of the project, Rs 3149 crore was earmarked and we have spent Rs 1,500 crore so far," he said.
No one would be allowed to board the train during the trial run due to safety reasons, Goyal added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way