Ashok Gehlot gives pep talk to party workers, challenges Raje
Jodhpur: In a bid to boost Congress workers` morale in Rajasthan, Ashok Gehlot slammed the working of Vasundhara Raje government and blamed the debacle in elections on external factors including the social media.
In his first address to workers after the polls, Gehlot challenged Raje to initiate an inquiry into the governance in the last 10 years by a sitting judge of the High Court and compare the two regimes.
On Raje`s plan to review the schemes rolled out by the his government, Gehlot said it implied that "we worked with vengeance".
He said everybody knew the misdeeds of Raje government and they are yet to be given a clean chit.
On the election debacle, he attacked the election commission and blamed the EVMs, saying the voter slips given were misused by the BJP.
Gehlot said the social media was also misused as a tool to mislead and misguide the youth by making mockery of the government(s) through cartoons, quotes, humours and inciting the emotions of the youth.
The former chief minister also said that the media was being "widely managed by Narendra Modi" for his motives and designs.
On the Onion price rise and slump, he blamed the Modi government in Gujarat saying onions had been hoarded in huge quantity in Gujarat till the day of election and was immediately released by the Gujarat government after the election.
Encouraging the workers, he said Congress has a "history of losing and then bouncing back with unprecedented might”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing