Ashok Gehlot gives pep talk to party workers, challenges Raje
Jodhpur: In a bid to boost Congress workers` morale in Rajasthan, Ashok Gehlot slammed the working of Vasundhara Raje government and blamed the debacle in elections on external factors including the social media.
In his first address to workers after the polls, Gehlot challenged Raje to initiate an inquiry into the governance in the last 10 years by a sitting judge of the High Court and compare the two regimes.
On Raje`s plan to review the schemes rolled out by the his government, Gehlot said it implied that "we worked with vengeance".
He said everybody knew the misdeeds of Raje government and they are yet to be given a clean chit.
On the election debacle, he attacked the election commission and blamed the EVMs, saying the voter slips given were misused by the BJP.
Gehlot said the social media was also misused as a tool to mislead and misguide the youth by making mockery of the government(s) through cartoons, quotes, humours and inciting the emotions of the youth.
The former chief minister also said that the media was being "widely managed by Narendra Modi" for his motives and designs.
On the Onion price rise and slump, he blamed the Modi government in Gujarat saying onions had been hoarded in huge quantity in Gujarat till the day of election and was immediately released by the Gujarat government after the election.
Encouraging the workers, he said Congress has a "history of losing and then bouncing back with unprecedented might”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next