Ashok Gehlot govt has failed on all fronts: BJP
Jaipur: BJP on Tuesday said the Ashok Gehlot government in Rajasthan has failed on all fronts and brought heavy debt burden to the state in the past five years.
During the Congress rule growth slowed down in all sectors, including power generation and food production, BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said here, adding only crime against women rose during the period.
Nine Congress MLAs, including three ministers, had to quit the government on the charges of crime against women in the past five years, she alleged.
Referring to allegations levelled by a rape victim against former minister Babulal Nagar that she was offered Rs seven crore by an aide to drop the case, Lekhi said a competent probe agency or the Income Tax department should look into how the money had been arranged by the ex-minister.
The BJP leader said several corruption cases raised her party, including corruption in mining, were still unanswered, she said.
During the previous Raje government, Rajasthan`s growth rate was 9.09 per cent, but now under the Congress rule it has slipped to 5.4 per cent, she said.
Growth in agriculture declined from 4.9 to 2.5 per cent, industrial growth from 7 to 5.08 per cent, she added.
The debt burden of the state has risen to Rs 1 lakh 33 crore in the last five years, she alleged.
On a question on secularism, Lekhi claimed BJP was the most secular party, while the Congress was the most communal party with its divisive policy.
When asked whether the party would consider giving ticket to former Army Chief V K Singh in the Rajasthan Assembly polls, she said, "I know that the Congress-led UPA government is chasing the retired General. If such moments come for the party, the media would be informed about Singh`s candidature."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...