Ashok Gehlot govt has failed on all fronts: BJP
Jaipur: BJP on Tuesday said the Ashok Gehlot government in Rajasthan has failed on all fronts and brought heavy debt burden to the state in the past five years.
During the Congress rule growth slowed down in all sectors, including power generation and food production, BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said here, adding only crime against women rose during the period.
Nine Congress MLAs, including three ministers, had to quit the government on the charges of crime against women in the past five years, she alleged.
Referring to allegations levelled by a rape victim against former minister Babulal Nagar that she was offered Rs seven crore by an aide to drop the case, Lekhi said a competent probe agency or the Income Tax department should look into how the money had been arranged by the ex-minister.
The BJP leader said several corruption cases raised her party, including corruption in mining, were still unanswered, she said.
During the previous Raje government, Rajasthan`s growth rate was 9.09 per cent, but now under the Congress rule it has slipped to 5.4 per cent, she said.
Growth in agriculture declined from 4.9 to 2.5 per cent, industrial growth from 7 to 5.08 per cent, she added.
The debt burden of the state has risen to Rs 1 lakh 33 crore in the last five years, she alleged.
On a question on secularism, Lekhi claimed BJP was the most secular party, while the Congress was the most communal party with its divisive policy.
When asked whether the party would consider giving ticket to former Army Chief V K Singh in the Rajasthan Assembly polls, she said, "I know that the Congress-led UPA government is chasing the retired General. If such moments come for the party, the media would be informed about Singh`s candidature."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues