Ashok Parnami appointed Raj BJP chief
Jaipur: Ashok Parnami, an MLA from Adarsh Nagar Assembly constituency here, was on Wednesday nominated as president of Rajasthan BJP, party sources said.
Parnami`s nomination was finalised by BJP President Rajnath Singh, Kaptan Singh Solanki, senior leader and party affairs incharge, told PTI here.
Vasundhara Raje, after becoming Chief Minister of the state and following `one-man-one-post` formula of the party, had sent her resignation to the party high command recently.
59-year-old Parnami was Mayor of Jaipur Municipal Corporation and treasurer of the party.
As per his affidavit in 2013 election from Adarsh Nagar constituency in Jaipur, Parnami is illiterate.
In 2006, he was allegedly involved in the Deedayal Upadhyaya Trust land scam. When he was mayor of Jaipur, a large plot of prime land was allegedly allotted at highly concessional rates to a trust which was yet to be registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie